Wednesday 8 May 2013

Casa de Campo The Casa de Campo is the largest urban park situated west of central Madrid. It was formerly a royal hunting estate. Its area is more than 1,700 hectares. And of course we saw only a part of this. We walked along the river to get there with views back towards the palace. It was another Peter place, bicycles, people, wide spaces. It was a hot day and a climb to the top saw us puffing. We had anticipated a ride on the cable car, but there was no sign of life....until a twang and deep thrum in the wires told us that the cars had started their run. At this point I had lost sight of the others and re traced my steps, but could see neither hide nor hair of my prey. I walked back up the road and rashly made a phone call using my nz phone, which of course was re routed back to NZ...but made contact so that I knew that the bods were up at the start of the cable car. And so we descended through the trees to outer Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment